- Mt. Gox's Hackers Are 2 Russian Nationals, U.S. DOJ Alleges in Indictmentby Nikhilesh De on June 9, 2023 at 3:04 pm
The U.S. Department of Justice charged Russian nationals Alexey Bilyuchenko and Aleksandr Verner with hacking Mt. Gox in 2011, at the time one of the biggest thefts in the crypto industry.
- Ether Options Market Makers Are 'Long Gamma' at $1.8Kby Omkar Godbole on June 9, 2023 at 3:01 pm
Traders said market makers are holding options with a $1,800 strike price and are likely to influence prices as they try to keep their portfolios direction-neutral.
- Curve Finance CEO Egorov Sued by 3 DeFi-Focused Venture Capital Firmsby Ian Allison on June 9, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Michael Egorov, the CEO of decentralized finance (DeFi) firm Curve Finance, is being sued for fraud by venture capital firms ParaFi Capital, Framework Ventures and 1kx in the U.S.
- Robinhood Ends Support for Some Tokens Named in SEC Lawsuit as Securitiesby Aoyon Ashraf, Helene Braun on June 9, 2023 at 2:31 pm
The popular trading platform will end support for Cardano (ADA), Polygon (MATIC) and Solana (SOL) on June 27th.
- Former CFTC Chairman Heath Tarbert Joins Circle as Chief Legal Officerby Elizabeth Napolitano on June 9, 2023 at 2:28 pm
Tarbert will guide the company’s global strategy as it contends with regulatory issues in the U.S.
- The Meaning of Community in Crypto Discussed at Consensus 2023by Anna Baydakova on June 9, 2023 at 1:29 pm
Consensus 2023 participants explored how user-focused design, cultural understanding, and gradual decentralization can drive mainstream crypto adoption
- Defiant by Default: Why Regulators Must Understand, Not Police, DeFiby Daniel Kuhn on June 9, 2023 at 1:23 pm
Consensus 2023 visitors discussed DeFi's growth, its need to comply with regulations, and the challenges of balancing crypto-native concepts with traditional finance requirements.
- First Mover Americas: Binance.US Suspends Dollar Depositsby Lyllah Ledesma on June 9, 2023 at 12:23 pm
The latest price moves in bitcoin (BTC) and crypto markets in context for June 8, 2023. First Mover is CoinDesk’s daily newsletter that contextualizes the latest actions in the crypto markets.
- Bitcoin Trades at Narrow Discount on Binance.USby Omkar Godbole on June 9, 2023 at 12:00 pm
News of a possible halt in U.S. dollar withdrawals sparked an increase in bitcoin trading as customers looked to remove their assets from the exchange, one observer said.
- Hut 8 Says Repairs to Damaged Crypto Mining Equipment Are Taking Longer Than Expectedby Sheldon Reback on June 9, 2023 at 11:14 am
The delays are impairing the miner's hashrate and bitcoin production.